Monday, February 16, 2009

25 Intensely Personal Tidbits

25 things about me:

These 13 things are on my Life's To-Do list:

1. Earn a Bachelors, Masters or PhD.
2. Earn a blackbelt in a martial art
3. Explore spirituality (someplace removed)
4. Travel
5. Live in Japan
7. Work at an animal park
8. Ride a horse at full gallop
9. Swim with sharks
10. Safari in Africa
11. Skydive
12. Breed dogs
11. Become a falconer
13. Have a romantic adventure

[A few less important wishes:
Visit a nudist colony/park/beach, steer a sailboat, learn to play the piano with feeling, learn to sing, dance, fence ... ]

14. I know better than to expect any of these things to just happen.

Here are 6 things I've done that I can't forgive myself for (yet?):

15. I've Destroyed something sacred
16. Gathered dirt for personal gains
17. Manipulated a friend
18. Ignored the needs of a dependent
19. I've Wasted opportunity

(Sixth horror removed ...)

[I plan to undo the damage I've rendered ... I hope that that will be enough.]

20. I am neurotic. I think way, WAY too much.
But the thing is - I like that about myself.

21. I believe that people make themselves special with self-study. The soul is something we craft for ourselves (we work with what we're given).

22. I don't think of myself as pessimistic - rather, I see myself as pragmatic. You might see the glass as half-empty ... but me?
I want to know why I'm not satisfied.

23. I believe that embracing change will bring you happiness. I believe that rejecting change can destroy you.

24. I've had only one girlfriend - and her part in my life was accidental. (An old friend was in town - I asked her to dinner. I didn't know it was a date ... )

25. I intend to be where I want to be before I pursue love.
Although ...
Yes, I believe that love is more "bear trap" than "happily ever after".
[I'll work on that later.]

1 comment:

Mrs. Martin said...

HEY DUDE!!! TIME FOR AN UPDATE!!!! =) I miss reading your fun postings!!......